Thursday, June 05, 2008

Life is BUSY!


I feel like my life is going at 100 mph. In the last month, Dave and I have traveled to Illinois twice to find an apartment and to attend my cousin's wedding in Nauvoo. Dave also graduated from BYU and started working full time at a country club (which he absolutely loves). We celebrated our two year anniversary on the 13th. I also started my last semester of nursing school, and I am working two to three night shifts a week in Labor & Delivery for my capstone while still having class three times a week during the day. Life has never been busier! We still have a couple more months until things will start to calm down. It's going to be a fun, but crazy summer. 
Dave and I had tons of fun in Chicago. It is such a cool city. We hope we will have lots of visitors over the years.

This is our new apartment. We will be on the third floor on the right. It is a two bedroom, two bathroom apartment with a fireplace and vaulted ceilings.  We are excited to have some more room.

 We stayed with a Podiatry student and his family when we were in Chicago. This is the oldest of the two boys. He was so cute, and we became good friends over the week.
The picture below is the place that we stayed at in Nauvoo. It was very cute. We definitely felt like we were living the luxury life of the pioneers. 

Nauvoo had gorgeous sunsets. It was absolutely beautiful.


Dave and I arrived early in order to participate in "Nauvoo Days." Yet, we were the only ones from the family who showed up. We enjoyed touring Nauvoo on our own.

9 comments:

Amanda Jones said...

What fun adventures await! We are so excited for you guys! Thanks for being such wonderful friends and for all the fun times in Provo. Good luck whit the rest of summer!

Helena said...

Great pics! Sounds like you guys are swamped but having a great time.

the Koch's said...

When can we come?? Looks like a fun city and a cool place to live. Like the hair Dave, way better than the long-do. Just remember "the fridge picture" when you decide to grow your hair out again!

Mom said...

Can't wait for the fatty drive out there to Chicago this summer. You guys will have to repay me with some serious love...

Molly Kay said...

Cute pictures! Hey, Dave even cut his hair! We are finally going to see Nauvoo next Monday-Tuesday!We're excited for you guys to move out!

Christy Tub said...

That is so awesome! Dude, we need to get together for lunch, like next week! I'll call you sometime soon to plan!

Tim and Jennifer said...

Kenna!! I haven't seen you in forever. I can't believe you work in labor and delivery. Im so jealous! Take a look at my blog, I have a baby boy now. You're so pretty! Jennifer (from London)

Molly Kay said...

We made the trip out to Nauvoo a week ago. It was pretty nice. Sorry to hear Nauvoo Days didn't turn out as planned. It was fun having you out. See you in a few weeks. Brent & Molly

The Dickinson's said...

Hey guys! We miss you so much! Looks like your trip to Chicago went great. Your apartment complex looks really nice. I'm so happy you found a good place. i can't wait to come see it. Brandon is applying to medical school in Chicago so hopefully he will get an interview there and i can fly out there with him and we can come visit. By the way happy anniversary on the 13th! Time goes by so fast..our anniversary is on the 13th of july. We are so excited for you guys to start a new adventure in Chicago. I'm glad to here that things are falling into place. We have been thinking about you guys alot. I know you guys are crazy but we would love to hangout soon. We will call you. Have a great day!