Friday, August 28, 2009

My Mom Moment



Addie LOVES to cuddle, and I usually can't pass up an opportunity to cuddle up with my sweet girl. So this morning when Addie started to get sleepy for her nap, I picked her up and held her in my arms. After a few minutes of squirming around, she looked up at me with her beautiful blue eyes and smiled. Then she nestled her head into my chest and immediately fell asleep. I know, it sounds so insignificant, but to me it meant the world. I couldn't help but shed a few tears as I thought about how lucky I am to have this special little person in our home. I truly cherish each "mom moment". I don't think anything else can be quite as rewarding as being a mom. I love you my sweet Addie May.

7 comments:

Heather said...

awww what a sweet post! Thanks for sharing!

Jeff and aimie said...

Kenna, Thanks for helping me remember the sweet mom moments, as I listen to Jaxon runnung around screaming. He is a sweet heart but I miss the cuddling momments that he has grown out of. I take ever moment that I can to hold on to him.

Michelle M said...

This is such a sweet picture of you two... very tender.

robyn said...

awe kenna, i just love you. i want to meet this little person of yours please. :)

Jen said...

so sweet.

maria said...

Aww!! That brought tears to my eyes!! I never thought having a little one could be so rewarding, but I'm with you-I love to cuddle every moment I get!! Soon I'll have a second to cuddle with and I'm not sure how dividing my time will work...

Dani said...

Precious - you are a great mommy too!