Saturday, October 17, 2009

Rice Cereal

Yesterday, Addie had her first experience with rice cereal. I was a little unsure of how this was going to go because Addie only likes breastmilk. Everything else that we have given her including sweet tasting medicines or vitamins, she spits out. To our surprise, Addie loved the rice cereal (I used breastmilk to water it down, so that may have helped). She kept trying to drink it instead of eating it, but she figured it out. In the end, we had a happy, messy baby!


David is getting a hang of this new rice cereal thing.

She was so happy!

I love this face. Addie was being so funny yesterday.

Addie had thrush for a second time. We used a new medication that turned her mouth purple and anything else that touched her mouth (which is everything). Luckily, the medication was very effective and cleared up the thrush in just a couple days. No more purple!

7 comments:

Molly Kay said...

Gentian Violet! HA! We totally used that stuff on both our babies! It works like a charm, but yeah, it is purple... She is really growing up, real food and all! :)

the Koch's said...

Hilarious! Looks like she got ahold of a marker!

Michelle M said...

You are so lucky that she liked it on her first try (my kids took months to eat rice cereal for me). I just googled "thrush" because I'd never heard of it before- no fun for Addie. Glad she's feeling better!

Michelle M said...

By the way, in several of these pictures I think she's starting to look more like Kenna!

the Koch's said...

Yum, Yum!!! What a happy girl with mush all over your face!! Your daddy loved his cereal too, along with his "special milk"!!!!! I miss you sweet girl xox

the Koch's said...

OOPS, the last post was not the Koch's, just goofy grandma in the wrong blog spot!! surprise, surprise!!

the Koch's said...

What the heck, now I really don't know what happen!!!