Sunday, March 22, 2009

St. Patrick's Day

For St. Patrick's Day, Dave and I headed into the city for a little Irish celebration. Chicago has a river that runs through the middle of the city, and they dye the river green for St. Patrick's Day. As  you can see, the river turns a bright neon green for a couple hours. We also tried to see part of a parade, but there were so many people there we finally gave up. It was a fun, cold, green filled day!







Of course, we had to stop by "The Bean." As you can see in the reflection, there was quite a bit of green in the city of Chicago. 





5 comments:

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

You guys got some good pictures of the river! Thanks again for letting us enjoy that weekend with you :) So fun!

Heather said...

so cool!! This reminds me so much of the movie " The Fugitive." Have you ever seen it?! One of my favorites!

the Koch's said...

Ummmm... why do I not see an ounce of green on either of you? Especially you Dave-bo, the "little leprechaun." Just so you know Kenna, David used to have this olive green suit that he wore to church with a light green shirt and a green tie. Fyi, this was not on St. Patty's day either! I would always give him a hard time. We can blame it on being color blind I guess. Love you both.

Amy Danni said...

You guys are a cute couple! I have been thinking about you guys. I can't wait to meet the little princess! Hugs to the both of you.... And A+ on that bedding! Love you

Shannon said...

Hey Kenna! We have some fam. stuff going on saturday and I really, really want to make it to the shower... but might not, are you going to be in town for a little bit???