Saturday, January 16, 2010

Christmas in Chicago

This year, I had to work on Christmas Eve and Christmas (I work at night). Therefore, Dave and I spent our first Christmas on our own in Chicago...and it was a white Christmas! I was worried that we were going to feel lonely without all our family, but we had a wonderful Christmas with just our little family. David did a wonderful job making sure we covered all the usual traditions, getting the house cleaned, and making sure Santa didn't forget us in Chicago. I was pretty tired, but a nice family nap in the middle of opening presents fixed that. What a fun few days!


This year, we went to the North Pole (aka The Bass Pro Shop) to see Santa! It was too cute!


Most of the time, Addie has a hard time going to people she doesn't know, so Dave and I thought she was going to scream when we put her on Santa's lap. Surprisingly, she just stared at him! I bet she was thinking about pulling that beard the whole time. She LOVES to pull hair.


We went to the Zumsteg's home for Christmas Eve dinner. It was delicious as usual! We had a great time eating and visiting.


Santa came to our apartment! After a long night at work, I came home to find my rocker finished and in one piece (the last I knew of the rocker, it was in a million pieces in the closet outside). My sweet husband had been working on it all week to finish it for Christmas. He'd wait for me to leave for work, pack up Addie and all her stuff, drive to our friend's house, and work on the rocker until about 2 am. In the morning, he acted like nothing had happened all night. That was probably the sweetest present I have ever gotten. Not to mention, I am thrilled about having my rocker back, and David did an excellent job! I love you sweetie. Thank you!


Christmas Sunday. All of us in our new Christmas outfits.


Our sweet Addie May at 7 months. Her vocabulary now consists of "mama," "dada," and "baba". Still not crawling, but she either scoots (mostly in circles) or rolls to what she wants. She's a picky eater...meals are getting to be more of a production. Addie knows what she wants and does this fake cry until she gets it. Addie also got two colds in a row. So, she also does a fake cough to get our attention. It is hilarious. Dave and I get a kick out of it. She is such a joy! It is amazing to she how much she has changed our lives for the better. We love you Addie!

2 comments:

robyn said...

awwwwe how sweet is david! i love the rocking chair story! and that last picture of addie? pure joy. i love it.

Unknown said...

How cute Addie is. Really adorable. Like your family. It was nice going through your blog. Keep on posting some more blogs like this. Ihampers.co.uk